Representation of the European Commission in Slovakia
Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic
Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports of the Czech Republic
National Institute of Education in Bratislava
National Institute for Certified Educational Measurements in Bratislava
National Institute of Distance Education of the Czech Republic
European Centre for Modern Languages in Graz, Austria
Department of Pedagogy of Constantine the Philosopher University in Nitra
Department of Language Pedagogy and Intercultural Studies of Constantine the Philosopher University in Nitra
Institute of British and American Studies of University of Prešov
Department of English and American Studies Univerzity of Ss. Cyril and Methodius in Trnava
Department of English Language and Literature Catholic University in Ružomberok
Department of English Language and Literature Trnava University
SlovakEdu, občianske združenie
would like to invite you to the 2nd international conference
for school managers and language teachers
LLCE2016: Current Challenges in Language Education: What´s Next?
to be held in hotel Academia in Tatranská Lomnica on 28 – 29 April 2016
The conference is intended for nursery, primary, secondary, tertiary and language school directors and teachers, school managers, experts, academicians, course book authors and publishers as well as other experts related to language education. Its goal is to form a platform for exchanging opinions, experience and good practical examples, including critical approaches to current developments in language education in Slovakia and abroad. During the conference, the participants will learn about the latest trends in course book and teaching materials development for language education.
Main conference topics:
- teaching mother/second/foreign languages
- innovations in teaching mather, second, and foreign languages at all levels and types of schools
- bilingual education and plurilinguism development
- CLIL, vocational language teaching and language education for future jobs
Jazykové vzdelávanie v kontexte kontinuálneho vzdelávania učiteľov v SR
prof. PhDr.Gabriela Petrová, CSc.
(Constantine the Philosopher University in Nitra, Slovakia)
Evropské středisko pro moderní jazyky -
Konkrétní nástroje i zdroj inspirace pro učitele (nejen) cizích jazyků
PhDr. Irena Mašková
(Ministerstvo školství, mládeže a tělovýchovy ČR)
Aktuálne otázky spojené s vyučovaním cudzích jazykov
u žiakov so špeciálnymi edukačnými potrebami v inkluzívnych triedach
prof. PaedDr. Silvia Pokrivčáková, PhD.
(Constantine the Philosopher University in Nitra, Slovakia)
Mobilní technologie pro výuku cizích jazyků
doc. PhDr. Ivana Šimonová, Ph. D.
(University of Hradec Králové, Czech Republic)
Working languages of the conference:
Primarily: Slovak and Czech
Additional: English, French, German, Italian, Russian, and Spanish
- plenary (35-minute presentation in plenary + 10-minute discussion)
- regular paper (15-minute presentation in a section + 5-minute discussion)
- workshop (practical examples of methodological procedures with active audience participation, 25-minute workshop + 5-minute discussion)
- poster (posters in the format of max. A1, i.e. 594mm x 840mm, or single sections which do not go beyond the given size).
- virtual paper (virtual contributions will be held in a special virtual section on the conference website, either in the format of ppt presentations, texts or video-recordings. Conference participants will be able to reach the authors and discuss their contributions via electronic communication).
Textbooks and teaching aids exhibitions & raffle
are organised and supported by the following subjects (in the alphabet order):
- AITEC, s.r.o. Bratislava;
- CK Školní zájezdy, s.r.o. Brno;
- Edukácia & Internet, Partizánske;
- European Centre for Modern Languages in Graz (v spolupráci s ŠPÚ Bratislava);
- Foreign Language Publications
- Goethe Institut, Bratislava;
- Macmillan Education, Prešov;
- Megabooks SK Bratislava;
- Nadácia Volkswagen Slovakia;
- Orbis Pictus Istropolitana, s. r. o. Bratislava;
- Oxford University Press Bratislava;
- Polyglot, s.r.o., Praha
- Slovak Ventures, s.r.o. Praha.
Important dates and terms:
- Submission of abstracts: by 31 March 2016 (including) via the online form here
- Information on acceptance/refusal: by 15 April 2016
- Registration of conference participants (presenters, participants and exhibitors): by 15 April 2016 (including), via the online form here
- Submission of final papers: by 15 April 2016 (including); via the online form here
- Conference venue and time: hotel Academia, Tatranská Lomnica, 28-29 April 2016
- Publishing of the CD Book of Abstracts: 28 April 2016
- Publishing of the special multilingual conference issue of the International Journal on Language, Literature and Culture in Education (ISSN 2453-7101): June 2016.
A. CD Book of Abstracts
All abstracts of accepted and presented conference papers/posters/videopresentations will be published in the reviewed CD Book of Abstracts with ISBN.
All conference papers submitted by the authors with completed registration will be reviewed by the International Editorial Board members (a double-blind peer review procedure). The approved and accepted conference papers will be published in the special multilingual issue of the International Journal on Language, Literature and Culture in Education (ISSN 2453-7101) in June 2016. The participant registration, payment of the conference fee and the approving review are the only preconditions for articles publication.
- basic registration: 7 EUR (before 15th February 2016, included) / 10 EUR (after 15th February 2016)
includes: conference package, entry to all conference sessions, printed programme, certificates of attendance, and 2x coffee break refreshments.
B. extended registration: 25 EUR (before 15th February 2016, included) / 35 EUR (15th February 2016)
includes: conference package, entry to all conference sessions, printed programme, certificates of attendance, lunch 29 April 2016, and 2x coffee break refreshments.
C. registration of paper/workshop/poster authors: 80 EUR (before 15th February 2016, included) / 90 EUR (after 15th February 2016), PhD students 40 EUR
includes: entry to all conference sessions, printed programme, certificate of attendance, certificate of author, lunch 29 April 2016, 2x coffee break refreshments, abstract and paper reviewing, 1 free copy of CD Book of Abstracts, after reviewers´ approval the fee includes also publishing the paper in the special multilingual issue of the International Journal on Language, Literature and Culture in Education (ISSN 2453-7101) in June 2016.
- registration of virtual paper authors: 70 EUR, PhD students 40 EUR.
includes: printed programme, certificate of attendance, certificate of author, abstract and paper reviewing, 1 free copy of CD Book of Abstracts, after reviewers´ approval the fee includes also publishing the paper in the special multilingual issue of the International Journal on Language, Literature and Culture in Education (ISSN 2453-7101) in June 2016.
D. registration of exhibitors: 100 EUR (includes: exhibition space, the time and space for workshop, distribution of promoting materials in conference packages, promotion in printed programme of the conference (max. A4) and all the conference publications and the conference website (max. A5), 1 free copy of CD Book of Abstracts.
Ing. Beata Menzlová (National Institute for Education in Bratislava): email@example.com
PaedDr. Michal Hudec (SlovakEdu, o.z.): firstname.lastname@example.org
949 01 Nitra
+421 948 762 200